An ENT surgeon of International repute, Dr Meenesh Juvekar completed his MS (Master of Surgery) in ENT from the renowned LMT Medical College, Mumbai in January 1999. He has to his credit, numerous academic achievements some of which include the first place in DNB Examinations of National Board, New Delhi held in May 1999 – he was awarded the Kameshwaran Gold medal for standing first in India. He also secured the third place in MS (ENT) Examination of Bombay University in January 1999.
Currently Dr Meenesh Juvekar is Consultant ENT Surgeon at Bombay Hospital, Head of Unit at Grant Medical College & J.J. Group of Hospitals and at Juvekars Nursing Home, Mumbai. He is also a visiting consultant at Fortis Hospital, Mulund.
Dr Juvekar became the President – Association Of Otolaryngologists – Mumbai at a very young age. He also organised a conference in Hong Kong in the Golden Jubilee Year. He is ex-Associate Professor and Unit Head of Department of ENT at K.J. Somaiya Medical College & Hospital, Mumbai.
Dr Meensh is specially trained in middle ear surgery under the famous Otologist Prof Robert Vincent, Causse Clinik, France. He also did a fellowship under Prof. Hildmann, Elisabeth Hospital, Bochum, Germany in Middle Ear surgery, and with Prof. Gubish, Marine Hospital, Stuttgart, Germany, in Rhinoplasty in the year 2000. He attended and assisted various surgeries during that period and also performed cadaveric temporal bone dissection under the guidance of Prof Hildmann, Bochum.
Dr Meenesh Juvekar arranges the famous International Otology Workshop, IOW in Bombay Hospital Mumbai every year. This has been one of the most successful and popular live surgical teaching programmes in India.
He is especially popular amongst his students right from the days of his lectureship for his ability to make the subject so simple and easy-to-learn. Not to mention that all this expertise comes from his hard work and the experience that he has gained during his tenure as an ENT surgeon so far. He has conducted numerous teaching programs and clinical courses not only for undergraduate and postgraduate students but also for residents and nursing staff.
He has been invited many times on All India Radio (AIR), various Television channels, BBC news and social media to educate the society on noise pollution, deafness and common problems in Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT).
Dr Meenesh has even authored a book titled ‘Handbook of ENT and Head Neck Surgery ,2nd edition in 2021.This book was landmark publication useful for both undergraduate and postgraduates. It covers all the common conditions seen in ENT practice and is also up-to-date with common ENT procedures including the latest in ENT such as LASERS and Covid 19.
Why Choose Us
Juvekars Nursing Home is a well equipped hospital with several facilities. The hospital is situated in Chembur which lies in the eastern suburb of Mumbai. Juvekars Nursing Home has been steadily moving towards providing complete health care solutions to patients.
A large range of consultative, diagnostic and surgical services are provided to people whose health complaints do not warrant hospitalization. These OPD services are available from 9 am to 9 pm every day.
Some of the papers published and /or presented by Dr Meenesh Juvekar include the following:
- Noise – An Industrial Hazard: A review by Dr. R.V. Juvekar & Dr. M. R. Juvekar in the Indian Journal of Otology. VO14, No.3 (Sept.98) 137-140.
- Tuberculoma Of The Posterior Pharyngeal Wall: A case report by Dr. R. V. Juvekar, Dr. M. R. Juvekar & Dr. D. V. Panchal in Bombay Hospital Journal.
- Fronto-Ethmoidal Mucormycosis: A case report by Dr. M. R. Juvekar, Dr. R. V.J uvekar & Dr. U. M. Tendolkar in the Indian Journal of Laryngology & Otology.
- Myxoid Lipoma Of The Oral Cavity: A case report by Dr. M. R. Juvekar & Dr. R. V. Juvekar, in the Indian Journal of Laryngology & Otology. VO 152, No.3, Sept. 2000.
- Comparative Study Of Endotracheal Intubation & Tracheostomy In Emergencies: A review of 70 cases by Dr. M. R. Juvekar& Dr. R.V. Juvekar in Bombay Hospital Journal. VO 141, No.3, 1999.
- The Double Breasting Technique Of Tympanoplasty: A review of 200 cases by Dr. R. V. Juvekar in the Indian Journal of Otology. VO15, No.3, Sept.1999.
- Oral Submucous Fibrosis: Aetio-Pathogenesis and Treatment Modalities in the Indian Practitioner Dr. M. R. Juvekar, Dr. Rokade, and Dr. R.V. Juvekar. VO154, Aug.2001
- Vertigo Aetiology And Management: A paper by Dr. M. R. Juvekar in the Vertigo update Vol 16, Sept-Dec-2001
- Revision Stapedectomy: In Vertigo update by Dr. M. R. Juvekar Jan-Mar-2002
- Disorders Of Speech: By Dr. M. R. Juvekar in the Bombay Hospital Journal.
- Infections In Ear-Nose & Throat: By Dr. M. R. Juvekar in the Bombay Hospital Journal.
- Recent Advances In Ear-Nose-Throat: A publication Dr. Meenesh R.Juvekar in the Bombay Hospital Journal.
- Facial Nerve Grafting & Decompression: A Review of 30 Cases. A report of 30 cases by Dr. M. R. Juvekar, Dr. R.V. Juvekar, in the Indian Journal of Laryngology & Otology.