1. Arises: From the maxillary antrum
a. Common in children
b. Males more commonly affected than females
c. Have infective Aetiology
3. Single in number having, antral, choanal & nasal part.
4. Clinical symptoms: Nasal discharge is unilateral, mucopurulent and occasionally blood stained.
5. Caldwell Luc surgery can be done for patient above 16 years and incase of recurrent Polyps.
6. Lower chance of recurrence
1. Arises from the ethmoidal air cells
a. Common in adults
b. Both sexes are equally affected
c. Have allergic Aetiology
3. Multiple in number with grape like appearance.
4. Nasal discharge in bilateral watery, accompanied by sneezing epiphora.
5. FESS is the only treatment of choice of recurrent polyposis.
6. Recurrence rate is high due to allergic Aetiology.